What is the difference between Data & Analysis, Results, and Reports?? | XM Community
Skip to main content

As per the various support pages:

The Data & Analysis tab lets you filter, classify, merge, clean, and statistically analyze your response data.

Results: Quickly view and analyze your results in a Default Report consisting of question-based Pages and customizable Visualizations.

Results-Reports Basic Overview: New to reporting or need to see real-time Results fast? Instantly generate question-based report pages and visualizations, displaying Results that you can analyze, filter, style, edit, enhance, and share with a minimum of effort.

Example: Results are great for at-a-glance reporting. For example, say you asked about which products your customers use. You want to know which ones are the most popular. Results provides easy-to-read tables and graphs that provide this kind of basic information.

Advanced-Reports Basic Overview: Designing your Reports from scratch? Design eye-popping Reports for your important research sharing events.

Example: If you want to create and distribute data with company logos, specific letterheads, and more customizable tables and graphs, Reports is the better tool.

Advanced-Reports Basic Overview: Designing your Reports from scratch? Design eye-popping Reports for your important research sharing events.

Example: If you want to create and distribute data with company logos, specific letterheads, and more customizable tables and graphs, Reports is the better tool.

Am I missing anything else?? I still feel like they all accomplish the same thing.

The Data & Analysis tab is its own thing, design for working with data and performing analysis. Users can view, sort, edit, and perform a lot of other functions related to the microdata that can’t be done anywhere else. Think of it as a way of accessing the survey responses in an online spreadsheet format. The advanced analytical tools (Text iQ, Stats iQ, Crosstabs iQ) are also available from this tab.

There is a fair degree of overlap in functionality between Results and Advanced Reports, however; both are meant for summarizing the data in reports to share with others. Results are an earlier Qualtrics reporting interface which is now morphing into more of a Dashboard-type tool, heavy on vizulations. Advanced Reports were introduced more recently, and offer a lot of document editing features to customize the look and feel of the reports; they are probably better suited to data tables, though they also support a variety of visualizations.

MatthewM, thank you so much for answering my question. I VERY MUCH appreciate it! 

Leave a Reply