Why won't Form Field box height adjustments render properly? | XM Community
Solved

Why won't Form Field box height adjustments render properly?

• 29 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have a Form Field question with several fields and I'd like to make the boxes appear taller and wider than the default. The editor allows me to do this pretty seamlessly, but no matter which template I try for the survey, the height adjustment to the boxes is never respected. The length adjusts properly.
Is there something else I need to do to make this work as expected?

icon

Best answer by Tom_1842 1 August 2022, 15:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi there, when going to edit the Form field question in the Survey Builder, you should see a "Click to edit validation" link beneath the question text. When clicked, try changing the field size for each choice to "Essay".
You might also make use of the below CSS by pasting it over in the Style section of the survey's Look & Feel:
.Skin .TE .FORM .InputText {
    min-height: 250px;
}

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks Tom, that did the trick!
For anyone else who comes across this: Although the boxes can be dragged to whatever size you'd like, regardless of "Text field size" setting in the validation, indeed it will only apply the change in the survey after the validation is edited.
To the Qualtrics product team: This is unclear and frustrating. It would be helpful to have the draggable size adjustment be restricted to the limits of the current Text field size, or include some kind of warning message that the size is adjusted outside the bounds of the current field size.

Leave a Reply