workflow for indvidual links | XM Community
Question

workflow for indvidual links

• 26 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a survey that I want to distribute via individual links and then anonymize. I need people to enroll for the survey by using a single anonymous link where they submit their name and email address. I have been able to create a workflow that automatically adds them to a contact list when they submit this enrollment survey. 

What I want to happen is that when they submit the enrollment survey, a personal link is generated for the 2nd survey and then automatically emailed out to them to complete. Does anyone have advice for how to do this?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @jl5554 ,

Here's a step-by-step guide:

• Create your enrollment survey where participants submit their name and email address and go to the Contacts section and create a contact list.
  • Ensure that the contact list includes fields for name and email address.
  • In the survey flow of your enrollment survey, add a block element where participants provide their name and email address.
  • After they submit this information, add a "Web Service" element in survey flow or in the Workflow "Web Service" task.
  • Configure the Web Service element to add the participant to your contact list.
  • Qualtrics allows you to generate unique survey links for each participant. Create a new Embedded Data field in your contact list to store the generated links.
  • In your contact list, add an Embedded Data field (e.g., "Survey Link").
  • Use piped text to generate a personalized survey link for each participant in this Embedded Data field. This link should lead to your second survey.
  • After the Web Service element that adds participants to your contact list, add an "Email Trigger" element.
  • Configure the Email Trigger to send an email to the participant using the email address provided in the enrollment survey.
  • In the email, include the personal survey link using piped text from the Embedded Data field you created earlier.After participants complete the enrollment survey, they should receive an email with a personalized link to the second survey.

You can refer to the Qualtrics API Reference for further details on creating contacts.

https://api.qualtrics.com/fc43c25b3f3c3-create-contact-in-mailing-list

Thank you😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@jl5554

You can just use the same task instead of adding contact use distribute survey https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/xm-directory-task/#SendingEmails 

Pipe the question which provides the email address respectively.

It will create unique links for the person you want to send it to and also add them to the list.

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

You can also do this with the Distribute Survey option of the XM Directory Task Workflow.

edit: beat me to it Deepak!

Leave a Reply