XM Directory / Embedded Data - Now Displaying Widget Correctly | XM Community
Solved

XM Directory / Embedded Data - Now Displaying Widget Correctly

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi All

Again thanks for the help prior to this getting fixed! 🔥

During a survey I asked respondents a multiple choice question then saved this data via a workflow trigger into the respondents XM Directory profile. All worked as expected.

I served a different survey to the same respondents and pulled the multiple choice question in as embedded data into the survey via survey flow. All worked as expected.

From this last survey I want to use this multiple choice question embedded data to build a simple vertical bar chart dashboard widget like this.

But as the embedded data is being pulled into the survey like this (grouped).

And not like this.

I can’t seem to build the same widget (1st image) as its grouping the multiple choice selections together rather than separating them giving me this.

Hope you can help!

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by ana_velez 15 May 2023, 21:29

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Not sure if this will work but try changing the embedded data variable type to Multi Value Text Set.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Not sure if this will work but try changing the embedded data variable type to Multi Value Text Set.

Yes it’s already set as ‘Multi Answer Text Set’

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

In survey flow embedded data options?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Not sure where this is, and was not aware in Survey Flow you had different options for changing the data type?

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Not sure where this is, and was not aware in Survey Flow you had different options for changing the data type?

Check point 2

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Got it, Ill test this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Just remind me what I would put on the end of a preview survey link to test multiple embedded data selections under 1 source?

For example ?Test=Test1,Test2,Test3&

Is that right?

Thanks! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Hi!!

This happened for me before, when selecting the field on the dashboard data set there is an option for chosing the delimeer for the multi answer text set, the option should appear when you try to recode the values fot the field

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Amazing! Thats it, thanks for your help! 🔥

Leave a Reply