A single personal distributed via multiple channels? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to link respondents to a survey via a Qualtrics email distribution AND through an app notification. I want the survey link to be personalized. Regardless of which channel they click through, I want each respondent to be able to take the survey only once.

I know how I would do this if I didn't want to run the emails through Qualtrics. But how can I do this while running the emails through Qualtrics? Making an email distribution generates one link, making a "personal link" distribution generates a different link even when done through the same contact list. I thought I could get around this by putting the links generated from the personal link distribution in the emails using piped text and embedded data, but the emails insist on having their own survey link before sending.

If I want the emails to go through Qualtrics, how can I make the link I send via the Qualtrics emails match the link I send manually through other channels?

Thank you for your ideas!
OK, I meant not a "single personal," but a "single personal link." Oops?
After you schedule your email distribution, download the distribution history. It will include links for each person (as long as the survey isn't anonymized). Use those links as the personal links in your app notification.

Leave a Reply