Adding a block box for collecting Survey Introduction's Information and some more | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello,

I need to add an information collection box of the person taking the survey like below:

!

Any suggestion on how I can go about it? Below is what I made but it doesn't feel right.

!

Is there a right way to do this? Because I was thinking about how a report would run for this and this would only show up as a respond data and not a driving group.

Also, how do I restrict demographics from multiple responses from one institution?

Thanks,

Frank La
@FLA You can do this with a text type question, but use the form type.

!
@jpardicusick Oh! That looks great! Thank you so much!

Is there a way where I can add a drop down option for the Institution Type instead of it having a text entry field?
@FLA,

Do you know JavaScript? You can write JavaScript to hide the text input and put a select (i.e., dropdown) in its place. Include an event handler to update the hidden text input with the selected value each time something is selected.
@TomG Thank you for the help!

My JS is pretty bad but I was able to make it work after some research. However, now I run into the below problem:

!

Some of my institution types are pretty long name and it stretched the bar such that it looks uneven on phone and web page. Any suggestion on what I can do to make it better?

Many Thanks,

FLA
> @FLA said:

> Some of my institution types are pretty long name and it stretched the bar such that it looks uneven on phone and web page. Any suggestion on what I can do to make it better?

Set the width on your select:

```

<select style="width:100%;max-width:100%">

```

Set the width of your text inputs to match:

```

jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .InputText").css("width","100%");

```

It really isn't going to matter much on an actual phone because it will use it's native select (use preview QR code to preview on your phone).

Leave a Reply