Assign ID number from list to survey participants | XM Community

Assign ID number from list to survey participants

• 14 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I need to find a way to assign unique codes to survey participants and display this code to them. I already have these codes in an excel sheet, and I need to assign them to each survey participant when they are on the survey (specifically, if they answer yes to a particular question). This is a big study, so I will not be able to assign the codes individually to people myself - this is why I need Qualtrics to assign the codes on the survey automatically and display them to the participants.

My question: Is this possible and how might I do it?

(I know that qualtrics can generate a Random ID, and this would have been perfect for this project, but unfortunately I have to work with pre-generated codes.)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

In that case, you could either look at an assignment post the data collection phase or calling a webservice to provide one of the codes that you have.

Thanks Ahmed for your response.
I should have stated that the survey is conducted through a generic link so we don't have a contact list in the directory. Also, not every respondent will receive a code, only those that answer a question in a particularly way (e.g. Q2 is 'Yes')

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Upload these as contacts to your directory. Then either generate custom links for each respondent or use an authenticator to assing them the required ID based on their inputs.

I have a similar request to the above. Is it possible to assign a unique code to a respondent from a list generated in Excel when the respondent answers a specific question?

Leave a Reply