Auto-advance if "text entry" is filled | XM Community
Skip to main content
I have a lot of stores. Each store has an internal ID for me to identify them. If a customer access my survey in a specific store, then that store ID is automaticallty filled in a text entry question in my survey.

I would like to have the auto-advance to the next page, based on the condition "if text entry is not empty". Is this possible ?
Hi there,

I am personally not sure how to do this precisely as you describe it - it's tricky for me to integrate this behaviour within Qualtrics.

However, I think there might be better ways to achieve your desired behaviour as described.

My first questions is: how do you actually get the text entry to be auto-filled without displaying it to the participant?

Following from the first question: if you can get that text entry to be filled with some logic, then why not just extend this logic such that it includes the auto-advance feature.

Perhaps a minimal, reproducible example of your survey in the form of a .qsf would be helpful to pinpoint the issue.
I have it automatically filled because the customers acess my survey from a specific URL /QR that has already embeded the store ID, So each store has it's own URL/QR and hence it get auto filled

Hi!
I may be WAY late to this conversation, but I was looking for a way to auto advance when a criteria (3 selections were made) and read this. If you pass in the value into an embedded data field in Survey Flow at the beginning of the survey (it will have a value if they used the URL/QR code or empty if they didn't), then you can use Display Logic to show the question only if the value of the embedded data field is EMPTY. If it's not empty you don't show the question. You can (if necessary) display the value in a different question that only displays if NOT EMPTY.

Leave a Reply