Beginners Qualtrics Questions | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi all,

Thanks very much for allowing me to join the forum. I am a PhD student and I will be using Qualtrics in the upcoming months. However, I am working on a funding application at the moment and I have a few questions about the software.

Firstly, I was just wondering whether it is possible to view the demographics of the respondents before stopping data collection? I have used Questback previously and it was possible to view the percentage of males and females that had completed the survey before it was closed. This allowed me to send a second recruitment email encouraging more males to participate, which was a relief since gender was one of my variables of interest.

I was also wondering whether there is a guide on how to carry out longitudinal studies using Qualtrics? In my current draft, I have stated that a key will be generated separate from email addresses to link participants' data from the two time-points, but I want to ensure that this information is accurate.

Many thanks
Congratulations on pursuing your PhD! Yes, to both of your questions.

You can check the demographics of the respondents in two ways:

1. Set up a quota that takes no action once the quota is filled. You can view this to see where your specific demographics are

2. Set up a filter on your data and analysis tab to show you a count of respondents who meet your criteria

Then, you can use XM Directory to see data from a single participant on two studies. You can also bring in information from the first study into the second survey for analysis in the aggregate, if you choose.
Thanks very much @JenCX, much appreciated!!

Leave a Reply