Branch logic question numbers | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi!
I am trying to set up a survey using branch logic. Essentially, there are 21 questions where gendered pronouns are used. For example, a statement might be "She would have..."/"He would have..."/"Zie would have..." according to the gender of the respondent. Therefore, for this set of 21 questions, I would prefer to present a set that is customised to the respondent. This means that the questions should be "branched" using the logic of gender (Female, Male, Other).
While I have successfully implemented this, the problem is that when I export the data, the set of 21 questions is repeated along the row for a respondent. While I have retained the same question number for the corresponding questions across the three sets, their internal IDs are unique and cannot be changed. Hence, in the exported file, they show up for each respondent, although in a particular row, only one of the sets (depending on the gender) have values. This means, that after the entire survey is over, I shall somehow have manipulate the spreadsheet so that responses to these 21 questions all appear under the same column heads.
I am wondering if there is some step that I have missed, or this is a design issue. Thanks in advance.
Deb

Create only one set of question. Using branch logic assign an embedded data (eg: gender) as "He"/"She"/ etc. Now in question pipe this embedded wherever required.

Works!! Thanks a lot.

Leave a Reply