Can you link a survey with an "ID"? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have a survey that I want to distribute now, again in 6 months and then again in 12 months to the same people. We want to link the answers together without asking for a name or email address (the survey will get distributed through a 3dr party). Is it possible to somehow link this together without disturbing the anonymity? For example, would it be possible to use the personal links more than once?
Thanks in advance!

In the survey 1 generate a random number and ask respondent to remember it for future surveys. In the same survey create a contact list trigger and add this random number to contact list external data reference.
In the follow up surveys ask respondents the same random number of survey 1 and authenticate it using authenticator.

Great, will do it like that. Thanks!

Where do you set up the random number for the participant to remember? I am doing a similar survey, but wanting to link and pre and post test together from the same participant.
I would LOVE to know how we actually link them!

Where do you set up the random number for the participant to remember?  - You can have a descriptive text question and pipe in the random number their asking them to remember this.
You can also, enable show response summary and customize it to show only this random number with some text and enable auto download using JS. Doing so the random number will get auto downloaded and they can refer this downloaded pdf any time rather than remembering it.

Leave a Reply