Carry forward from matrix table | XM Community
Solved

Carry forward from matrix table

• 12 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I have a matrix table (bipolar type) with 10 statements, each with 2 scale points and 2 labels. When I carry forward the selected statements into the next question they appear on the screen with the following text between them:

Statement1||QBipolarDelim||Statement2

where Statement1 and Statment2 are my first and second statement respectively.

If anyone has any clues about how to solve this display/formatting issue, that would be great.

Ideally, I was hoping only to carry forward the single selected statement (i.e. as I have 2 scale points the user is forced to pick 1 statement). Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Paul
icon

Best answer by TomG 13 December 2019, 15:25

View original

5 replies

Hi folks,

Sorry to bring this one up again. However, when I list each of the statements in the following question and try to use display logic it does not give me the option to select _either _of the statements from the bipolar choice. It simply gives me the option to select Left1|Right1 (i.e. both statements from either side of the bipolar choice).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
Thanks for your help Tom. Much appreciated!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Paulyc said:
> Dear Tom,
>
> Thanks for the advice. Sorry if I am being silly, but could you let me know how to go about making each left and right statement a choice from a matrix table? I've had a look at the options and can't see where to do this.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Paul

If your Bipolar is:
Left1 | Right1
Left2 | Right2
etc.

Then the choices/statements in your follow-up question would be:
Left1
Right1
Left2
Right2
etc.

They aren't carried forward; you use display logic on each one based on the answers to the previous question.
Dear Tom,

Thanks for the advice. Sorry if I am being silly, but could you let me know how to go about making each left and right statement a choice from a matrix table? I've had a look at the options and can't see where to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Instead of using carry forward you can make each left and right statement a choice and use display logic based on recodes.

Leave a Reply