Solved

Change the Request Response Langauge

• 7 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 544 replies

Is there a way to use validation rules and change the text for the "Request Response" validation option?

I have a survey where we wish to capture name and email address to distribute survey incentives. However- I would like to give participants the option NOT provide their personal info, but still submit the survey.
I can set up a custom validation so that if the fields are left blank they get the standard request response:
image.png
And if I use custom validation, I get the right message:
image.png
However, I can't manage to both 1) Check information for accuracy (valid email) AND 2) Allow the user to not send anything. Any suggestions on how to do both?

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 8 February 2021, 15:25

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Kate ,
If you're not doing so already, make this a Text Entry-Form question type, and apply "Valid Email Address" validation to the Email Address field. This will satisfy requirement #1.
image.pngRemove the the Request Response validation, and instead, set up Custom Validation that will accept only two conditions: if all fields are left blank, or all fields are filled in. This will satisfy requirement #2.
Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Close, but not quite MatthewM . I didn't see the form validation before- super helpful!

However, I can't seem to set 2 conditions in custom validation. It's not like other Qualtrics functions where I can set "Pass if (Condition 1 and 2 and 3) OR (Condition 4)". There's no logic groupings...
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

That's odd, I'm not sure why your account wouldn't have logic sets available so the custom validation could look like this:
image.png
When you click on the And/Or drop-down, do you see a 3rd option for "Move to a new Logic Set"?
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Very odd- I have that elsewhere but not here. Looks like a call to support is in order... Thanks, MatthewM.

Badge +1

Hi Kate,
Per your request to:
"capture name and email address to distribute survey incentives. However- I would like to give participants the option NOT provide their personal info, but still submit the survey."
I'll share an idea that you might find useful. Before I do share, I want to be transparent with you in that I am the VP of Strategic Partnerships with Rybbon (www.rybbon.net), an incentives management company and a Qualtrics Partner.
Qualtrics and Rybbon have integrated functionality whereby survey respondents can answer survey questions anonymously. At the end of the survey, the respondent can then be prompted for their email address (at a minimum) and their name (optional) in order to send the incentive / digital reward.
The key benefit here is survey anonymity because the incentive is decoupled from the survey answers. Perhaps this is a viable solution for you. It seems like you want people to submit a survey without their personal information (hence the need for anonymity) but still have a need to distribute survey incentives.
I believe Rybbon's integration with Qualtrics will enable you to accomplish this. Hope this helps.
Bradley

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hey, @bradleyblin- we actually used Rybbon on this one 🙂
My concern here was more about allowing folks to submit and not share personal info should they wish to share but not seek an incentive. It was definitely a more technical question about qualtrics functions, less about concerns on the collection of personal info.
That being said- this is our first Rybbon project and so far we are fans! Lots of options and easy project set up. I do find it integrates with Qualtrics nicely.

Leave a Reply