Condition for skip logic based on a mean score | XM Community
Solved

Condition for skip logic based on a mean score

• 18 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello there,
I want to use a matrix table with a Likert scale from 1 till 4 in my survey, and add a skip logic to it. the condition for this skip logic should be based on the average score on the different statement within the matrix table. Is there a way to do this?
icon

Best answer by Matt_Christie_Walker 18 April 2018, 14:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Not sure how to make it work with skip logic out of the box, but you could use display logic or branch logic. Here is one way to accomplish it:

1) Set up scoring on your matrix question. Enter in 1,2,3,4 values for each scale point in the matrix.
2) In the Survey Flow, create a new embedded data variable called matrixScore. Set the value based on Scoring -> Your Score -> Weighted Mean
3) Use branch logic based on matrixScore (e.g if matrixScore < 3 display a certain block of questions)
Hi there,

I am working on a similar issue. I followed the instructions you listed here, but I am having the issue that regardless of whether the weighted mean is greater than 2, it skips to the end the survey (but it should be moving to Block 2 questions). I attached a screenshot of the survey flow, just in case it is helpful. Hopefully someone can point out what I'm doing wrong. !

Thank you.
I figured it out. The matrix score embedded data had to be moved below Block 1 to work. As a newbie to Qualtrics, I didn't know that.

Leave a Reply