Course Evaluations and Goal of 1 Contact List/Email Template for all Courses | XM Community
Skip to main content
We would like to manage 1 contact list for a semester/quad and then distribute course evaluation emails to students. The trouble is a student can take 3-4 courses and qualtrics blocks the sending of duplicate email addresses. Right now the team that manages the surveys is needing to manage about 100 lists (1 for each course) and instead would like to create 1 list and 1 email template. Use the extra data fields as dynamic data to make the email specific to the student/course, so then we can report off it later on when they respond to the survey.

What design approach did you follow to lessen the maintenance of mailing lists and email templates. Ideally, we would have 1 contact list and 1 email template per quad/semester. Have you been able to accomplish this? If so, can you share your insight? Thanks!
You can prevent blocking of emails at same time. Qualtrics don't allow to send same email to same person multiple times at same time.

But to overcome this you can add some unique information in email text as a html comment like say store variable ED in your contact list and pipe this ED as a comment in email section, doing so you can send same email to same person multiple time for different piped courses.
I have iQ Directory and below is how I would set this up using iQ Directory.

You are going to want to set up your mailing list like this:

!

Then when doing solicitations you will want to create sample lists with the criteria that Course _n_ is not empty. (Ex. Course 3 is not empty - This way Jane Some doesn't receive an email for a course she doesn't have).

Your Brand Admin can change your contact frequency rules for a specific mailing list or survey. I would ask they it be set so that there are no limitations.

!

Lastly, when writing your email you can include the student's name and course that they are evaluating using piped text.
@Akdashboard I would like to do something similar with students and a mock interview evaluation form our business partner fills out. I set up my XM directory similar to your Course1, Course2, Course3 but instead the Business partner has Student1, Student2, etc.

My question is, does your student fill out ALL course evaluations in one survey? Ideally I would like to send separate surveys to the Business partner for EACH student (since they may be scheduling the interviews on different dates) but in order to use the embedded data I created separate surveys, one for Student1, one for Student2, etc. I'm curious if you have an easier way!
> @MichelleM said:

> @Akdashboard I would like to do something similar with students and a mock interview evaluation form our business partner fills out. I set up my XM directory similar to your Course1, Course2, Course3 but instead the Business partner has Student1, Student2, etc.

>

> My question is, does your student fill out ALL course evaluations in one survey? Ideally I would like to send separate surveys to the Business partner for EACH student (since they may be scheduling the interviews on different dates) but in order to use the embedded data I created separate surveys, one for Student1, one for Student2, etc. I'm curious if you have an easier way!

@MichelleM -

Go ahead and start a new thread and describe exactly what you are trying to do. It might be easier to understand how best to solve your problem instead of trying to rig a different solution.

Leave a Reply