Creating a help/clarification button | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello,

In my survey I have one of the blocks in which I introduce some definitions, which are then used throughout the next questions. However, it is possible that the users might forget those definitions and need some help. Always showing the explanatory text wouldn't be effective cause it takes space, so I was thinking to add some kind of help button (e.g. something which shows like (?) next to the term, and when pressed, it shows the explanatory text). Is there an easy way to do it, or would I have to use javascript? Maybe someone has already implemented it and I don't have to re-invent the wheel?

Thanks in advance
You'll need JavaScript if you want mobile compatibility, otherwise it is just html. Search the community for "responsive tool tips" (mobile) or "tool tips" (non-mobile html).
thanks, I'll look into it. Didn't know this was the term used for this concept!

Hello ilir_k! Were you able to find an answer to this? I would also like to do something similar and was wondering what your solution was.

I used the tips from here: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/771/adding-hover-over-mouse-over-descriptions-for-response-options
for the non-mobile compatible version

Awesome! Thank you ilir_k : )

Leave a Reply