Solved

Detect users who delete their tickets

• 9 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
  • QPN Level 2 ●●
  • 35 replies
Is there a way to detect users who "cheat" and instead of resolving their assigned tickets, they proceed to delete it? One way would be to disable the option to delete tickets, but apparently Qualtrics doesn't have this basic functionality, and with hundreds of people being assigned tickets, it becomes quite complicated to track them one by one to see if they are deleting them. Has anyone faced this issue? and how did you resolve it?
icon

Best answer by AxelS 11 February 2020, 19:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I don't think there are permission settings for tickets. I think this is a great feature. I'd suggest adding a product idea that would restrict editing and/or deleting tickets based on roles and the ability to report on deleted tickets.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
For those with the same problematic, I found a way to detect who is deleting it's tickets: create an Action with a Ticket Event, and set the trigger to "Ticket Deleted", that way you can then create an Email Task that sends you an email with the username assigned to that ticket.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
@AxelS Smart!
Badge +1

In addition to what @AxelS said, when you use a ‘Ticket Event’ and set the trigger to ‘Ticket Delete’, along with the email task for a quick notification, you can also use the response update API to update the deleted ticket details (Owner, Ticket Name etc.) against the response that created the ticket (if it was created from a Survey response). You can then track this data on the Dashboard.

Leave a Reply