determine whether the responder work on the survey on the same day | XM Community
Skip to main content
I have a long survey in which a responder can work on it for several days. I want to display a specific block if the responder opens the survey in a new day. So I need to detect whether the day when the responder reopens the survey is different from the day of his last activity on the survey. Note, not the date which including the hour, minutes and seconds, ONLY the day, like March 20th. I tried to use embedded data but failed because it compares between the dates instead of the only DAY. Is there any alternative way I can do that? Thanks a lot! !
@Pei_2009 The standard reporting in Stats IQ should give you the "Start Date" (when the respondent opened the survey) and "Recorded Date" (the date the respondent hit the "submit" button). This assumes that the respondent has cookies enabled on the browser they are using. But that would be my approach. I hope that helps!
@Pei_2009,

Pipe the dates as ${date://CurrentDate/Y}${date://CurrentDate/m}${date://CurrentDate/d} and make the embedded data fields numbers. Then your branch condition can be if currentday > lastday.
@TomG It works! Can this embedded data saved in the exported file? So I know what is the currentday and lastday? Thanks!
> @Pei_2009 said:

> @TomG It works! Can this embedded data saved in the exported file? So I know what is the currentday and lastday? Thanks!

Since they are in the survey flow, they will be saved in the response data.
@TomG

You are right! I see the embedded data saved in the response data. I actually have 100 blocks. And for each block, I need a timestamp of which day they work on this block saved as embedded data, and also I need to determine if that day is a different day from last time the respondent works on the survey. So what I am doing now is to save ${date://CurrentDate/Y}${date://CurrentDate/m}${date://CurrentDate/d} as embedded data for each block. It takes 100 repetitive labor work. Just check if there is any shortcut like "loop" I can do instead? !

!
> @Pei_2009 said:

> @TomG

> You are right! I see the embedded data saved in the response data. I actually have 100 blocks. And for each block, I need a timestamp of which day they work on this block saved as embedded data, and also I need to determine if that day is a different day from last time the respondent works on the survey. So what I am doing now is to save ${date://CurrentDate/Y}${date://CurrentDate/m}${date://CurrentDate/d} as embedded data for each block. It takes 100 repetitive labor work. Just check if there is any shortcut like "loop" I can do instead? !

> !

>

Unfortunately, there isn't any survey flow looping capability. The only shortcut would be to use a web service to generate all the embedded variables then use as single loop & merge block and set the embedded data using JavaScript within the loop. That might not even be possible with your survey.

Leave a Reply