Does anyone have experience in customizing a table in an email trigger on a survey? | XM Community
Skip to main content
We have one setup but the columns self-adjust based on piped values. We want static column width on all columns. I would think I could define the widths in the source code but the only line I saw was:

<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" style="width:500px;">

I guess the "px" confuses me as I generally think of that as related to font size.
You can set this through the interface but have to do it one column at a time.

1. Right click in the first cell of the first row

2. In the drop down select cell, Cell properties

3. Then the first field lets you set width as either pixels or percent

Do this for each of your columns.

It may still look funny in the trigger but when it comes through to your email it should look the way you specified. You only have to set the width for one row for it to apply to all of the rows.
Hi @Denise,

Could you also try using :

<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" style="table-layout: fixed; width:500px;">
What if I want to designate different widths per column? I've been researching outside the Community page and it seems I need to add a line per column to do so.
@Denise using the method I mentioned you would fill in a unique width for each cell in step 3.

Example if you have a 4x3 table (rows x columns) where you want the widths of the respective columns (in pixels) to be 25, 36, 75 you would do:

(Column 1)

1. Right click in row 1 cell 1

3. Then the first field lets you set width to 25

(Column 2)

1. Right click in row 1 cell 2

3. Then the first field lets you set width to 36

(Column 3)

1. Right click in row 1 cell 3

3. Then the first field lets you set width to 75

Be sure fill out a test survey to see what it will look like in email. The widths may no appear the same in the trigger interface as they do in the email client.
Thank you BStrahin! I've tested with px and %. Seems the px doesn't do as well as the text does not wrap like the % even though it's Yes in the cell properties. I entered 50, 36, 50 presuming 136 is my max. Suggestions? Also, is % max 100? The table itself was much smaller in the email when using %.
@Denise one of the settings in the screen for Step 3 is "Word Wrap". Make sure that is set to Yes.

As for table size, you can do:

1. Right click in any cell

2. From the drop down choose Table Properties

3. At the top right you can set the Width

Leave a Reply