Does Qualtrics survey have the information of which browser the respondent is using? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Does Qualtrics survey internally have the information of which browser the respondent is using? If not, can I write Javascript to detect which browser the respondent is using?

We can get the browser data using meta data question

I got the UserAgent embedded data value as below Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_3_1 like Mac OS 😵 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36
How to read the above?
1) Does it mean that the respondent used two Browsers Chrome and Safari through the survey?
2) I blocked the respondents answering from a phone device. What does "iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_3_1 like Mac OS X" mean? The respondent used iPhone or Mac OS X?

rondev Thanks so much for your answer. It is very helpful! I did not add this meta data question in the survey that I already collected response. But I found that I can have UserAgent embedded data from the respondents. Do you know how to read the this UserAgent embedded data? For example, I got the value as below:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_3_1 like Mac OS 😵 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36
1) Does it mean that the respondent used two Browsers Chrome and Safari through the survey?
2) I blocked the respondents answering from a phone device. What does "iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_3_1 like Mac OS X" mean? The respondent used iPhone or Mac OS X?
I asked this question here if you feel like answering. Thanks again!

No, it is only one browser.
There are sites where you can lookup user agents, such as:
Parse a user agentIt says your user agent string is: Chrome 80 on iOS 13.3, Apple iPhone

Leave a Reply