Don't display questions with blank answers on Survey Response Email | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all - New to Qualtrics with no Javascript background!
I have a question in my survey with 4 text boxes for entering email addresses. A user can fill in any number of the boxes, or none at all. On my survey response email, I have a line for "Additional Email Addresses for Distribution." When I use the Selected Choices option, it brings in all the options, but if someone only completed 1 or 2 emails, it lists the field names of the blank ones. (Example : x@abc.com, b@abc.com, Additional Email 3, Additional Email 4). I would like to have only the answered emails filled on the response. If a response was left blank, I would like it not entered on the response. Using my above example, I would like it to only show x@abc.com, b@abc.com in my response.
Any help is appreciated - thank you!!!

Hi karenmercernyu! If you have a text entry form question, instead of choosing the "All Choices - Entered Text" option, you'll want to select each individual answer choice option (i.e. Email 1, Email 2, Email 3, Email 4). If a user only enters in email 1 and email 2, it will only display the two emails. If you have any additional questions about this setup, be sure to reach out to our wonderful Support team, as they are best equipped to help! 😀

Leave a Reply