Email Actions Not Fulfulling, or Incomplete | XM Community
Skip to main content
On more than one occasion, and occurring more frequently with no pattern, email actions are sending empty or incomplete emails. My institution uses Qualtrics as an evaluation tool. We use email actions (not triggers) to send a copy of the response to the evaluator. A common message is in the body of the email...

"Please find John Smith's evaluation below"

And then I have checked both "Include response summary" and "show question text" So that the response summary is generated in the body of the email.

This has been working beautifully for most. The action delivers the email to the necessary party (via contact list). However, randomly with no visible pattern and with various surveys... the email is empty! It says "Please find John Smith's evaluation below" and then "Could not generate response summary" OR includes the survey questions but not survey responses.

Please Help! I do not have time to keep downloading pdfs of responses and sending them to the appropriate people.
@Lauren_BU,

Have you opened a support ticket with Qualtrics Support? This sounds like an issue they should be looking into.

Is your Action criteria set up so it only gets sent if the survey is completed (vs. screened-out for example)?
Hi @Lauren_BU! If you have not yet already, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team so they can further troubleshoot and escalate if needed1

Leave a Reply