Email Triggers for Longitudinal Study | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi,

I want to send an email trigger to remind participants to complete an follow-up survey approximately 1.5 years after the initial survey. In the email trigger box, the longest delay is 28 days - so I am unsure how to do this?

Any help is appreciated!
Hi @nina_heron94

You can do the survey distribution API either externally , via survey flow or via Actions Tab.

this will allow you to send an email invite , reminder , etc anytime you wish to.

My recommendation would be to do it through the survey flow via web service element .

You can also calculate exactly 1.5 years later than today date via piped text as given below

1.5 years is 547 days

which can be piped as : `${date://OtherDate/c/+547%20day} `

and for Getting contact Id you can get that it via following API :

* for Research core contacts

* for IQ directory contacts
Hi,

Thanks for your help @Nic - I'm not super programming savvy so I'm not too sure how to do the web service element option as it is through qualtrics and not an external website. Where do I enter piped text and how do I know which method to choose?

My follow-up survey is also through qualtrics and I'll be obtaining my contacts through the contacts list triggers.
Hi @nina_heron94 and @Nic,

I am struggling with the same issue. I am trying to use the Actions Tab to send an email reminder, but due to the drop-down menu for scheduling cannot figure out where to insert any syntax calculating a date as @Nic suggests. I don't have API on my account, so being able to do this through the Actions Tab would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue!

Julian
Hi @Julian_House

So without API I am not sure if there is any method we can use where we can have precise dates , as action tab only supports days and months as options.

Regards,

Nihal
Yeah, that's my impression too. I would actually be fine with the drop down options in the Action Tab, but the options available currently won't go beyond 30 days (I need 24 weeks!). I hope Qualtrics expands the length of time for which an action can be scheduled into the future.

Thanks for the response, @NiC

Leave a Reply