Filter Public Reports | XM Community
Solved

Filter Public Reports

• 11 April 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
There doesn't seem to be a default setting that allows viewers of public reports to filter the results. Does anyone have a clever work-around or suggestion for enabling public filtering? A client wants to filter the results of a public report I made for them by date. They personally don't have a Qualtrics account, and it seems extremely cumbersome to rerun the report anytime they have a request, which is fairly frequently.
icon

Best answer by Matt_Christie_Walker 11 April 2018, 22:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Liz_Franklin To the best of my knowledge there is still no way to allow dynamic filtering of public reports. The Qualtrics Dashboard feature can do it, but everyone who accesses a dashboard needs a Qualtrics log in which makes that not viable for many situations.

Badge

Any updates on this. I am having the same issue.

I find it interesting that having a dynamic filter in the public reports, such as for dates, is not yet a feature. Does anyone know if this has been requested as a feature, and if this is already in the pipeline to be expected as an update soon? Thank you!
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
@Vitorrm, no solution that allows for dynamic filtering that I'm aware of (aside from the related work around mentioned earlier in this thread). Good luck!
Hey there, does anyone knows if this feature exists already? Or has anyone figured out a work around by now?

@uhrxx005 , @NickVEIC, were you able to do it?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @Kurt! If you have not yet already, I'd recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Has anyone figured out how to do this since it was posted? I am working on a project that could greatly benefit from dynamic filters in the report.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Hi Matt, thanks for the suggestion, but I was hoping to create something that was self-service. Unfortunately, our organization doesn't have Vocalize and there are limited seats available on our Research Core account, so neither option is viable.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Sorry Kurt, I'm not aware of any clever hacks to enable dynamic filtering at run-time on a public report created in Research Core. You mentioned they want to filter results by date - is there a way for you build a version of your report that shows the information already grouped by date? Then perhaps they could reference or lookup the piece of data they need? (Not sure if this is a great suggestion given I don't know your exact situation, but maybe it will spark an idea??)

Is enabling Vocalize and adding the user there an option for your organization?

Leave a Reply