Help on scoring needed | XM Community
Skip to main content

Good morning team,
I have a question concerning the scoring. Indeed, I am a raw beginner in this field and I need some help for the feedback page at the end of my survey.
I am trying to score 2 categories: Interpersonal Accuracy and Dispositional Intelligence. And, logically, I am trying to indicate TWO scores at the end of the survey. Something on these lines:
Thank you for answering the survey; here are the results of your performance:
Interpersonal Accuracy: %
Dispositional Intelligence: %
I have tried many times with embedded data, piped text, branches, personal messages on the survey flow but without success.
Does someone have advice for a beginner like me?
I sincerely appreciate your help,
Best regards,

Hi Davlecce,
Unfortunately when you use the scoring option with multiple categories it only lets you display one of the categories on those end of survey messages. One work around is to have one last block at the end of the survey that has descriptive text with the scores.
What I've been able to do (may not be the easiest or quickest), is to set up my scoring under "survey options". At this point you have two options on how to approach this:
(1) The first approach works if you have a # of items per category that neatly divides into 100%. If there is only one correct answer for each question and if you were to have 10 questions per category, you would create a category for Interpersonal accuracy and the correct answers for the interpersonal accuracy items would each be scored at 10. (do the same thing again for dispositional intelligence). From here, you'd go to the descriptive text you've created in the last block to appear, and you could format everything as you'd like, pipe in this score and add a "%" at the end of the piped in score for each category.
(2) The second approach is if you have a # of items per category that does not neatly divide into 100%. If you were to have 3 per category, you would create a category for interpersonal accuracy and the correct answer would receive a score 1. (do the same thing again for dispositional intelligence) From here, go back to the descriptive text you created in the last block, format everything as you'd like and then you'll need to work some piping and mathematical syntax. You'll put in a mathematical syntax to divide the piped in score by the total # of questions - so if someone got all 3 right, the back end would calculate 3/3, then you'd put in a syntax to multiply that by 100, and then I also suggest you include syntax for rounding as well. (Example: $e{round(${gr://SC_5vRtpu5DApyVxnn/Score} / 3* 100 , 0)}% ). - The percent at the end is so that it'll show after the mathematical syntax so people know their score is a percentage.
Logically, the same thing can be done for questions that have multiple correct answers (scored the same value or even different values - if you wanted to give half credit). It's not a pretty solution, but it may be the one to fit the bill for the time being. Hope this helps!

@Allison_T Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, it helped a lot!
All the best,
DL

Leave a Reply