Hiding the options that were not filled in - carrying forward options from text entry form to matrix | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi folks,
I am working on developing a network survey to do some social network analysis. I've gotten so far as to be able to allow participants to list all the people they've talked to about their work in the past few weeks through a bit of javascript coding. They are able to add as many folks as they need to up to a limit that I've determined (12 people). You can see the first text entry form question below.
image.png
The issue is that, in "carrying forward entered text" from the text entry form to a matrix (pictured below), it ends up displaying the options that the participant did not fill out (pictured below with persons 6 - 15). Is there any way to hide the options that participants don't fill out and display the ones that they do in this matrix? Do any of y'all have any javascript workarounds to help me out? Any help is greatly appreciated.
image.png

Select "Entered choice - Entered text" in the carry forward option drop down.

rondev Hi! Thanks for answering. I don't see an "Entered choice - Entered Text" in the carry forward option drop down menu. I'll add in a pic below:
image.png

daveesparza ,
It's a bit more work to set up, but instead of using carry forward, you can pipe all 12 text fields into the statements of the follow-up matrix question, then use display logic to only display those that aren't empty.

Leave a Reply