How can I have one survey for multiple attributes? | XM Community
Skip to main content
I'm trying to create a survey that will allow my audience to select one or more vendors from a list that will then enable them to answer the same questions for their different options. Instead of having individual surveys for each vendor with unique hyperlinks and potentially sending someone 5 different survey links, I want to add some sort of selection tool/questions where they choose or indicate what vendor they are giving feedback on.
That seems easy enough. You can put the list of vendors to choose from in a drop-down list (Multiple choice > Dropdown list) and then keep the rest of the questions the same. If you need to have different questions for different vendors or types, you can use branch logic to change the route the respondent takes after they select their vendor.
> @jpardicusick said:

> That seems easy enough. You can put the list of vendors to choose from in a drop-down list (Multiple choice > Dropdown list) and then keep the rest of the questions the same. If you need to have different questions for different vendors or types, you can use branch logic to change the route the respondent takes after they select their vendor.

If you have same questions for all vendor then we can also use loop and merge.
> @rondev said:

> > @jpardicusick said:

> > That seems easy enough. You can put the list of vendors to choose from in a drop-down list (Multiple choice > Dropdown list) and then keep the rest of the questions the same. If you need to have different questions for different vendors or types, you can use branch logic to change the route the respondent takes after they select their vendor.

>

> If you have same questions for all vendor then we can also use loop and merge.

Yes, that's an excellent idea if the survey-taker has input on multiple vendors!
> @jpardicusick said:

> > @rondev said:

> > > @jpardicusick said:

> > > That seems easy enough. You can put the list of vendors to choose from in a drop-down list (Multiple choice > Dropdown list) and then keep the rest of the questions the same. If you need to have different questions for different vendors or types, you can use branch logic to change the route the respondent takes after they select their vendor.

> >

> > If you have same questions for all vendor then we can also use loop and merge.

>

> Yes, that's an excellent idea if the survey-taker has input on multiple vendors!

> @rondev said:

> > @jpardicusick said:

> > That seems easy enough. You can put the list of vendors to choose from in a drop-down list (Multiple choice > Dropdown list) and then keep the rest of the questions the same. If you need to have different questions for different vendors or types, you can use branch logic to change the route the respondent takes after they select their vendor.

>

> If you have same questions for all vendor then we can also use loop and merge.

I do have the same questions for all vendors. Where would I find the loop and merge option?
Loop and merge is a way for you to route people through the same questions over and over without having to create new questions each time. This would be especially useful in your case if you wanted to send a survey to a person and ask them about several vendors in a row. For example:

Vendor A

Are they nice?

Are they prompt?

Are they cheap?

Vendor B

Are they nice?

Are they prompt?

Are they cheap?

Vendor C

Are they nice?

Are they prompt?

Are they cheap?