How can I include a week long break in my survey? | XM Community
Question

How can I include a week long break in my survey?

• 15 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

I am new here, so sorry if I posted this quenstion in the wrong category. Also English is not my native language, excuse me for any spelling mistakes.

Currently I am working on my master thesis and am building my survey using qualtrics. My survey is getting the form of a contest in a 2 by 2 design, participants can vote for a design they want to see produced. In order to make this seem real, I want to have them vote for a design and see who won about a week later. Also I want to show what is the winning design based on what the participants answer was before.

So my questions are as follows:
1. Can I split my survey into two parts, while keeping the group the participant was assigned to and having them continue with the same flow a couple days later? So they start now, vote for a design and see a end page. Then a week later I send them the rest of the survey, but they remain in the same group they were randomly assigned to when they started the survey before.

2. Can I show participants a page where what they get to see is based on answers they have given before? For instance participant 1 votes for design 1, gets to see design 1 on the next page. Participants 2, who also votes for desgin 1, gets to see design 4. Is that possible within qualtrics?

Hope anyone here can help me out!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
you can do same by using recontact link, contact list trigger.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/contact-list-triggers/

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/1494/need-to-allow-participants-to-back-to-next-block-of-questions-after-a-period-of-time

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/
Thank you for your quick reply! Will look into it!
I think I understand what you meant with the contact link trigger and that I have implemented them correctly. I however do not quite understand your answer you wrote in your second link.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24

Hi @Niek ! 

Were you satisfied with the answer that was provided you on this? It’s been a few years, so you may have found a workaround already. If so, you can mark the answer as accepted, and close the question. If not, and you need more information, let me know.  I think Peeyush has provided a good solution for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

There are multiple ways to do this. You can do this in a simple way.

1. Create 2 survey instead of one.
  2. Send unique number via email trigger after completing first survey to each respondent.
  3. Create email scheduler in second survey to send email by itself.
  4. Add Authenticator in your second survey, so respondent will use unique number (refer 2nd point) to enter into survey two. So only those respondent will take 2nd survey who have completed first survey.

Leave a Reply