How do I get around the “Unsupported Broswer” hyperlink error in Microsoft 2013 (Word, Excel, PPT)? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Our organization uses Microsoft 2013 and every time I (or a colleague) tries to hyperlink the Qualtrics survey link into MS Word, Excel, or PPT it gives an "Unsupported Browser" error message. However, if the same link is copied and pasted directly into the browser it works completely fine. I know that this means it has to be something with how Microsoft Office 2013 is querying the request and redirecting the link, but I need to find a way to fix that or work around the issue so that it doesn't lead to a negative user experience.
I cannot simply switch to Google Docs as we are a Global organization and they are not accessible in China, and I have tried using a tinyURL as a redirect with no success.
If anyone has a solution or way to make this work it would be much appreciated! Image of error below:
Unsupported Browser Error Message.png

Hi BD3! If you have not yet already, we'd first recommend reaching out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to help with your specific use case. They may also be able to help walk you through using a link shortening service such as TinyUrl, bit.ly, or goo.gl. We would otherwise recommend reaching out to Microsoft support, as they may be able to provide alternative solutions when using older versions of Microsoft.

Leave a Reply