How do I use the Loop and Merge function with the Pick, Group, and Rank question type? | XM Community

How do I use the Loop and Merge function with the Pick, Group, and Rank question type?

• 8 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am building an experiment where there are 3 lists (L1, L2, L3) of 5 blocks (B1, B2, B3, B4, B5), with each block containing 10 statements. Participants will be randomly assigned to one of the three lists.
Does anyone know how I can:

1. Set up 5 blocks/trials where each block/trial lists the corresponding 10 statements in a Pick, Group, and Rank question (using the Loop and Merge function?)

2. Use the Loop and Merge function so that I don't have to individually enter all of the statements for all of the blocks for all of the lists (for ex. in the image below, is there a way to use Loop and Merge to populate Items 1-10 for each block?)

image.png

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

HiMcKay_W
Hi Don't know if I understand it correctly but it seems:

1. You want to show a LIST of statements to a respondent.

2. There are three list and only one list to be show randomly.

3. Now you want to show this same list in a PICK AND DROP question in 5 blocks.

4. So you want to know is this can be possible using Loop and merge.

5. If yes, How?

I would suggest you to not use loop and merge here. Take help from survey flow. Use embedded fields,, Branch condition and a randomizer. Let me know if you want to achieve this using survey flow only so I can tell you this in detail..

Leave a Reply