How do you change Authenticator message | XM Community
Skip to main content
I have a registration form that needs authentication. No problem. However, it's possible that a student finishes training at a different location and needs to re-register at location #2. When they register at location #2, the authentication message says "You have already completed the survey." I need the authentication message to give link to a second online registration form. How do I change the message? This isn't a failed authentication.
I'm pretty sure there is no option to change that message. It shows up because you have not checked the "Allow authenticating respondents to retake authenticated section" under authenticator options. If I understand correctly, you don't want them to retake it, you want them to take a different survey. I think the only way to change that message would be to hack it by adding a JavaScript to the Authentication Prompt Text message that looks for the "You have already completed this survey" text and changes it when the page loads.
Has anyone been able to successfully customize this message ("You have already completed this survey") using JavaScript?
> @Nadaly said:

> Has anyone been able to successfully customize this message ("You have already completed this survey") using JavaScript?

Please see this thread
@Shashi - I read that thread and tried adding that line of code to the header, but it changed the end of survey message, not the red text error message I was hoping to change. I'd love to get better instructions from you if I'm misunderstanding...

@TomG - Have you attempted this customization?

Reviving this old thread. Does anyone know a way to change the authenticator error message when someone tries to authenticate for a second time? (Not how to change the more general message when someone tries to complete a survey they've already completed without a survey flow authenticator.)

Hello NickVEIC
You can include the below code in header of look and feel

Hope this helps!

Hi @Deepak 

This would be helpful for me but I can’t see you code.

@parkie_0007 I think it got lost in the migration

<script>
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function(){
/*Place your JavaScript here to run when the page loads*/

jQuery('.ValidationError').text('this is the update');
});
</script>

Thanks @Deepak !

Any idea how I would hide a question if an email authentication was not successful?

@parkie_0007 

If the subsequent blocks are nested within authentication branch it wouldn’t be shown to the respondent.

Leave a Reply