How do you handle partial completions? | XM Community
Solved

How do you handle partial completions?

• 26 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
We are a B2B media company, and most of our surveys are of our readers. With most surveys, I have been setting the Survey Option for Partial Completions to be to save after one week. However, this often seems to save surveys with no questions answered by the respondents, but it still counts against my annual quota of completed responses.

Would this be affected by putting the Survey Metadata question first - so that it counts as a response because the metadata is collected even if the respondent doesn't answer a question? Or does the fact that the respondent opens the survey invitation count as a partial response?
icon

Best answer by TomG 26 March 2018, 22:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
If the respondent opens the survey it counts as a partial response.
Badge +5
Hello, according to this article, the partial response gets saved after passing first page and empty responses are not being saved as partial completion... Or am I wrong? https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-options/partial-completion/#UnderstandingPartialResponses
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @Dstreich

Your above understanding is correct.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Is this affected by including the meta-information question, which I presume is answered automatically? Or if you use embedded data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
As per the article, I believe the basic requirement for a response to be recorded is to have a respondent to click "next" button at-least on one page.

If the last question is an optional question and the other ones are forced responses, will a partial response be counted even if all forced responses are answered?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I believe that every time you hit a page break or the end of a block, all the previous responses are saved.

Leave a Reply