How to add embedded data to report visualisations | XM Community
Solved

How to add embedded data to report visualisations

• 14 November 2018
  • 6 replies

I would like to have a table with all the answers to a question (free comments) and next to it embedded data gotten from a url link (for example language). But I noticed I can only do a breakout by embedded data, and not even all embedded data appears to be selected.
The goal is to then send a report weekly only containing the latest new data with the answers to a question and next to each answer the embedded data (for example: language, type...) which comes from a url.
Thanks in advance for the help!
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 15 November 2018, 13:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
For this you have to store these as embedded variable in survey flow first.

Than going to data settings in dashboard you have to add variables and map with these.
@bansalpeeyush29 Thank you for your answer. I forgot to mention our team only has the research core. I do not believe we can access dashboards.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I believe the same solution applies to the reports tab
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I believe what you are looking for is achieved through "Record grid" widget which available in Vocalize.

In reports, you can try using a simple table or simple chart with multiple break out.
Badge

For this you have to store these as embedded variable in survey flow first.

Than going to data settings in dashboard you have to add variables and map with these.

Can you expand on how to make embedded variables accessible to reports? I am able to add the embedded data variables to a report as the primary figure, but I wish to use it as the “Breakout” variable for plotting another embedded data variable and the embedded data variables are not appearing within the Breakout variable selection drop down menu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

@maranhao Try using the Embedded Data options to change the field to ‘Text Set’ and republish your survey. This will make the Embedded Data field usable in breakout reporting.

Leave a Reply