How to branch from an open text question to a specific block? | XM Community
Skip to main content
From my first block I want to branch off respondents to various other blocks of questions. One of the questions in the first block has a string of multiple choice questions. One of these is 'Other' after which I've set up an in-page open text question that allows respondents to free text an answer. After these respondents have done so, I want them (along with a few others from the original multiple choice question) to be branched to the specific block. Problem is the branching logic seems to become invalidated as soon as I enter the logic for the open text question. Any clues what's going on here??
@SKB,

It is difficult to understand your description. Images of the applicable question(s) and section of the survey flow would be helpful.
@SKB, Would it be possible for you to share screenshot of logic implemented, if possible. So, that we can review and suggest next steps.
@SKB try not to add an open question, but rather allow text entry to the "Other" option, then it should work
All sorted! I had display logic in twice which invalidated each other! i.e. I had added display logic from the gear box next to the question number AND I had added branch logic (which effectively 'is' display logic I'm told). This is a no no!

Appreciate the responses though.

Leave a Reply