How to carry forward answers from several questions into 1 new question | XM Community
Question

How to carry forward answers from several questions into 1 new question

• 13 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello again,
in addition to my previous question I have one more issue with the carry forward logic: I would like to carry forward choices from 6 questions into one new questions. To be concrete: Patients choose what has helped them from several categories of therapies. Each of these categories is a question ans is quite large, so I want to ask them in a new question how much effect each of their answers had on gthem.
So I have 6 MC-questions and want to pipe the chosen elements from these 6 questions into one new question.
What makes the whole thing even more complicates it, that these 6 questions a MC in a likert-like scale format and I want to carry forward those items answered with scale points 3 AND 4 (as asked in my previous question).
How can I achieve this?
Thanks and regards,
Michael

1 reply

Userlevel 1

MichJe -
If you want to avoid fooling around with JS, (and if I understand your question), this will work:
Step 1. separate the 6 MC from the likert-like scale question with a page break. like this:
image.png
Then, for the statements, use insert piped text:
image.pngthat will pipe in the name of selected choice. It will look like this:
image.png*Due Diligence* If you have 'don't know' or 'refused' or 'no med' options, make sure use display logic on any statements in the matrix to ensure they don't show up there.

Leave a Reply