How to download information on text questions with display logic or randomization | XM Community
Skip to main content
My survey includes questions where one of two sentences is displayed at random to the participant. Participants are then required to continue on to the next section of the survey. When I download the survey data, it does not include any information on which of the two sentences was shown to which participant. Any help or ideas?
When downloading, checking the "Export viewing order data for randomized surveys" box might help.

It would be helpful if you provided details on exactly how you are randomly showing one of two sentences.
Thank you for that comment!

My survey set-up is as follows: there are two text questions “you need to reach Goal 1” and “you need to reach Goal 2” and I have added a randomisation to display only one of those goals to the respective participant. Afterwards, a few multiple-choice questions follow whereby the participant has to complete a test. After the test, I have added two other text questions “your score is 190” and “your score is 280”. These are also randomized without any display logic. When I try to download an excel file of the data, even with the option you mentioned, it always shows all data per participant in one single cell (so there aren’t any columns for the different questions unless I use spss). Also, there is no Information as to which goal or which score was presented to the participant.
And if you click on "Data & analysis" do you see the output what you would like to have in excel or not? Have you tried some simpler format then excel?
Try passing only the relevant information to embedded data.

So only when Goal 1 or Score 1 presents, branch and create the embedded data category GOALSHOWN=1 and SCORESHOWN=1.
Hi @MaggieE! If you have not yet already, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team so they can take a closer look into your survey setup. They may be best equipped to find a solution for getting you your randomized order data.

Leave a Reply