How to let a survey respondent choose a Multiple-Choice Answer more than once? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Been searching for a while and haven't been able to find an answer so my apologies if this has already been asked.

I'm trying to create a question multiple-answer multiple choice question where I limit the total answers but I want respondents to be able to choose a single answer more than once.

For example, if the limit is 3, they could choose 1 of 3 different options, or 2 of 1 option and 1 of another, or 3 of a single option.

Is this possible in Qualtrics survey platform? I'm not familiar with JavaScript but open to suggestions on how to solve this via Java as well.

Thanks!
If you have a multiple answer matrix table, you may have to create Custom Validation for the different scenarios respondents may select within the matrix.

!

For example, this is one part of Custom Validation for what you are describing.

!

You would need to create another Logic Set within the same Custom Validation for if the respondent selected 2 on column 1 and 1 on column 2, a set for 3 on column 1 and none on column 2, a set for 1 on column 1 and 2 on column 2, etc.

Leave a Reply