How to pickup lowest rated statements from Matrix Table for follow-up question? | XM Community
Solved

How to pickup lowest rated statements from Matrix Table for follow-up question?

In my survey, I have 7 questions, each of which needs to be rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Then, the next question needs to pickup the 3 statements which have been rated the lowest, and force the respondent to rank these. An illustration –
image.pngSay the user rated each of the statements as above in Q1. Then Q2 would need to pick up statements # 1,2, and 3 as options and then force the user to rank these. Also, incase the user rates all the same, then the picked up statements would need to be 3-lowest rated random statements. I can change this to a slider if it makes things easier.
How can this be done? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by rondev 3 June 2020, 09:35

View original

8 replies

Badge +1

HI Vaishnavi
You might need to setup conditions on the question you want to ask the users, wherein we set conditions if Q1 X no. of statement has less than equal to , then Q2 should reflect else not with force response.
Try this out and let us know if it helped or not.!!

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/26100#Comment_26100Hi! I am exploring this "threshold" alternative to my survey question. However, I do not want to set such a cap as I have no clue how high or low the respondents may rate the survey. E.g. if I set the as 5 and all statements are rated above 5 in Q1 then none would show up in the follow-up question Q2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One of the solution may be to use custom code to get three lowest rating (if more than 3 then random)and store it in three embedded data in Q1. Then in Q2 pipe these embedded data as option.

Badge +1

Vaishnavi - As per the query, you have mentioned that you need a force response if the user select low ratings on the previous question else not.
Alternatively, if the user select the values more than the set condition; then the query should be set up as regular ques. or not forced.
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/10358/how-to-pickup-lowest-rated-statements-from-matrix-table-for-follow-up-question

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/26102#Comment_26102Hi! Can you elaborate on what this code would look like? I would like to do this, but don't know how to write this custom code.

I just achieved this using Loop & Merge.
Loop & Merge

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

Jynx Thank you so much for looping back, providing a solution and great use of loop & merge! I’m sure this post will help a lot of users with similar use-cases! 🙂

Badge

Hi. Can someone shed more light on how to use loop and merge for this? I got it to work if someone chooses the highest value on the matrix, but I cannot make it so that the loop and merge is done with the highest value selected on the matrix (in my case people get to choose from 1 to 6 on a characteristic, and I need future questions to refer to the characteristic they gave the higher scoring, but they don't necessarily give it a scoring of 6 to any of them).

jinx Help_101

Leave a Reply