How to record a random number meanwhile with response? | XM Community
Solved

How to record a random number meanwhile with response?

This makes me crazy...
My survey is looking for the customer choice when he/she facing incentive with different level. This "different level" is random generated. Then, after survey, I would build a model to quantify the utility of different incentive to the customer choice.
Who does know to record those random incentives with customer choice? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by TomG 5 December 2018, 15:16

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @shlzylh said:
> Sorry. Here is my JS code to setup 'PV_Res_Durations_01' as an Embedded Data. It looks successful. But, I want to make it randomly among 101, 203, 105. How can I make it? Thanks!
> Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData('PV_Res_Durations_01',101);
You've switched what you said you wanted to do from random EV_Price_01 < PV_Price_01 to PV_Res_Durations randomly 101, 203, or 105. Anyway, as I said, to randomly assign values in JavaScript use Math.random()").
> @TomG said:
> > @shlzylh said:
> > During my survey, EV_Price_01 must be not greater than PV_Price_01, when PV_Restriction_Days is 0. How can I build? Thanks a lot!
>
> Unfortunately, I think you'll have to set (or reset) EV_Price_01 using JavaScript. Pipe PV_Price_01 and PV_Restriction_Days into your JS, then use Math.Random.

Sorry. Here is my JS code to setup 'PV_Res_Durations_01' as an Embedded Data. It looks successful. But, I want to make it randomly among 101, 203, 105. How can I make it? Thanks!
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData('PV_Res_Durations_01',101);
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @shlzylh said:
> During my survey, EV_Price_01 must be not greater than PV_Price_01, when PV_Restriction_Days is 0. How can I build? Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, I think you'll have to set (or reset) EV_Price_01 using JavaScript. Pipe PV_Price_01 and PV_Restriction_Days into your JS, then use Math.Random.
> @TomG said:
> @shlzylh,
>
> You need to move the embedded data assignment block ahead of the question block in your survey flow.

Hi Tom, Appreciate your guideline! I tried it, and now the respondents could observe those random numbers in question. And then, I still have another question badly needs your help.
During my survey, EV_Price_01 must be not greater than PV_Price_01, when PV_Restriction_Days is 0. How can I build? Thanks a lot!
Fig.1 Survey
!
Fig.2 Survey Flow
!
Fig.3 Preview
!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@shlzylh,

You need to move the embedded data assignment block ahead of the question block in your survey flow.
> @LaurenK said:
> Hi @shlzylh! If you have not yet already, be sure to check out this support page about Embedded Data!

Thank you very much! I learnt a lot.
> @TomG said:
> @shlzylh,
>
> Assign the value in the survey flow:
> !
> Then pipe the value ${e://Field/Price_PV} into your question.

Thanks Tom. I successfully created five Embedded Data in survey flow (Fig.1), and put them into my question (Fig.2). However, when I preview this question, I can not see numbers (Fig.3). What's wrong with me?

Fig.1
!

Fig.2
!

Fig.3
!
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @shlzylh! If you have not yet already, be sure to check out this support page about Embedded Data!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@shlzylh,

Assign the value in the survey flow:
!
Then pipe the value ${e://Field/Price_PV} into your question.
> @TomG said:
> Assign the random incentive value to an embedded variable, then pipe the embedded variable into your question. The embedded variable value will be included in your response data.

I am sorry I am fresh. So, how to write it?
${rand://int/15:25}
${e://Field/PV_Price}
I am sorry I am fresh. So, how to write it?
${rand://int/15:25}
${e://Field/PV_Price}
what is "embedded variable"?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Assign the random incentive value to an embedded variable, then pipe the embedded variable into your question. The embedded variable value will be included in your response data.

Leave a Reply