How to send an individual an email based on their response with custom answer for each question | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have a 54 question survey with simple 'Yes' or 'No' answers for each question. The purpose of the survey is to inform an individual about how they will be impacted by a new program at their company. Each question has a different 'response' based on whether they select 'Yes' or 'No'. At the end of the survey I would like to send the respondent an email with a table of how they responded to the question + text based on their response. Ideally it would look something like this....
Here are your results:
'Question 1' - 'Yes' - Customized description of how they are impacted
'Question 2' - 'No' - Customized description of how they are impacted
'Question 3' - 'Yes' - Customized description of how they are impacted
And so on....
I thought I could maybe use the custom filters in the email trigger, but I would have to create a way too many combinations since a user can select Yes or No for each. Is there anyway for me to add that customized text based on a user's response?
Thank you for any help in advance!

Maybe you could set embedded variables for each text in the survey then pipe those embedded variables into the email trigger email.

Thank you for your suggestion! I am somewhat new to qualtrics so I am going to investigate how to do that...I will follow up if I have questions or if it works!

This worked wonderfully, thank you!

Leave a Reply