How to use flatpickr for only 2 out of 6 columns in side-by-side matrix? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi Qualtrics Community,
I have a side-by-side matrix question type where I want to ask participants about their current medications. I want to ask them open-ended text questions and date questions. I have used a javascript for the flatpickr for dates however the javascript is applied to every column when I only need it for the 2 date columns. I was wondering how I would go about only using the flatpickr javascript for the date columns and leave the other columns open-ended text.
The current javascript I have is:
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{
  jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .InputText").flatpickr({enableTime: false, noCalendar: false, dateFormat: "Y-m-d"});
});
Here is a picture of what the columns look like:
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 12.51.35 PM.pngThis is what I do not want (I want this to be open-ended text and only have the flatpickr for the date columns only):
Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 12.52.49 PM.png
If anybody knows how to do this within javascript or what to select to get this to work it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for the help!

Try this thread. The trick is properly identifying the columns when you go to Inspect your matrix. You can't do it visually because everything has a column identifier (e.g. the borders between the columns). Once I identified one column, the others were easy to figure out.
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/2014/how-to-add-timepicker-to-a-field-in-a-matrix-type-question

Leave a Reply