I can´t view the independent results of each questions in a randomized block | XM Community
Solved

I can´t view the independent results of each questions in a randomized block

I had 4 videos as my independent variables. I had them in one block and randomized it so that only one of the videos will be seen by the respondents but in the analysis and reports, I could not view the results of each videos separately.
Please what can i do? I have gotten all my responses already. I´m looking forward to your suggestions.
icon

Best answer by JenCX 27 March 2019, 16:46

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Did you create separate questions for each of the videos? Or was it 4 videos followed by one block of questions?

Your best bet would have been to build them separate. But if that moment has passed: Download the raw data with the viewing order shown to help you suss through the data after the fact:
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/block-options/question-randomization/#RandomizationData
> @Kate said:
> Did you create separate questions for each of the videos? Or was it 4 videos followed by one block of questions?
>
> Your best bet would have been to build them separate. But if that moment has passed: Download the raw data with the viewing order shown to help you suss through the data after the fact:
> https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/block-options/question-randomization/#RandomizationData

Hi kate! thanks for your response.
I created a separate question for each video. Then the 4 videos were created in one block, then i applied the randomization function.

I will look at the link you posted while waiting for any other suggestions you might have in case it does not apply to my last response.

Thank you very much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi @Eke_40seven, if there are separate sets questions then they should all be there. Review the raw data on export and see that they all are there. If yes- then I suspect your reporting pane simply is not displaying the needed information, so you need to toggle it on or off.

If it is also not there on Export, I would review with the Qualtrics support team directly. Perhaps there is a technical glitch they can solve directly. Or perhaps something is wrong with the survey flow they can help you solve.
> @Kate said:
> Hi @Eke_40seven, if there are separate sets questions then they should all be there. Review the raw data on export and see that they all are there. If yes- then I suspect your reporting pane simply is not displaying the needed information, so you need to toggle it on or off.
>
> If it is also not there on Export, I would review with the Qualtrics support team directly. Perhaps there is a technical glitch they can solve directly. Or perhaps something is wrong with the survey flow they can help you solve.

Hi! @Kate, I could not find it in the export also. Although the file which I used to open the export file I downloaded is hard to read but i did not find it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Eke_40seven Maybe it would help if you could show us a screenshot of your survey flow and what you're seeing for headers in the report section as well. We don't need to see the data but the structure would be helpful!
> @jpardicusick said:
> @Eke_40seven Maybe it would help if you could show us a screenshot of your survey flow and what you're seeing for headers in the report section as well. We don't need to see the data but the structure would be helpful!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Eke_40seven Ah ha! It looks like you are trying to view the results via a breakout of one of your questions. See at the top left of the report where it has a converging arrow? Click the down arrow and select 'None' there and then see if your information shows up correctly.
> @jpardicusick said:
> @Eke_40seven Ah ha! It looks like you are trying to view the results via a breakout of one of your questions. See at the top left of the report where it has a converging arrow? Click the down arrow and select 'None' there and then see if your information shows up correctly.
Thanks! @jpardicusick. Now my problem is this. I have a total of about 120 respondents. I uploaded 4 videos as (4 separate questions in a block) and randomized it so that each respondent can only see one video. which should imply that I have 30 respondents for each video.
In the report and analysis pane, I can only see the results of the 120 respondents in total but i could not view the analysis of videos 1, 2, 3 and 4 separately.
> @Eke_40seven said:
> > @jpardicusick said:
> > @Eke_40seven Ah ha! It looks like you are trying to view the results via a breakout of one of your questions. See at the top left of the report where it has a converging arrow? Click the down arrow and select 'None' there and then see if your information shows up correctly.
> Thanks! @jpardicusick. Now my problem is this. I have a total of about 120 respondents. I uploaded 4 videos as (4 separate questions in a block) and randomized it so that each respondent can only see one video. which should imply that I have 30 respondents for each video.
> In the report and analysis pane, I can only see the results of the 120 respondents in total but i could not view the analysis of videos 1, 2, 3 and 4 separately.

Hi @jpardicusick and Kate, Please, is there a chance of you helping me with further suggestions regarding this last question?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Eke_40seven Hmmm. I looked again closer and I don't see that you've actually nested your video under the randomizer. In block one, do you have each of the videos there listed as questions?

If so, the way it looks in your screenshot, it seems like you just showed everyone "Block 1" because you said to randomize 1 element and only have block 1 underneath it. If you were wanting to show one of four videos randomly, you'd have to have put those in separate blocks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 😞
> @jpardicusick said:
> @Eke_40seven Hmmm. I looked again closer and I don't see that you've actually nested your video under the randomizer. In block one, do you have each of the videos there listed as questions?
>
> If so, the way it looks in your screenshot, it seems like you just showed everyone "Block 1" because you said to randomize 1 element and only have block 1 underneath it. If you were wanting to show one of four videos randomly, you'd have to have put those in separate blocks.
>
> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 😞

Thanks @jpardicusick, thanks for your response. When i did the preview and during the actual distribution, the randomizer actually worked as only one respondent could see one of the 4 videos. So, i did not suspects anything at all.
> @jpardicusick said:
> @Eke_40seven Hmmm. I looked again closer and I don't see that you've actually nested your video under the randomizer. In block one, do you have each of the videos there listed as questions?
>
> If so, the way it looks in your screenshot, it seems like you just showed everyone "Block 1" because you said to randomize 1 element and only have block 1 underneath it. If you were wanting to show one of four videos randomly, you'd have to have put those in separate blocks.
>
> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 😞

Sorry to bug you further @jpardicusick.
When i go to the Data and Analysis page, and check the individual responses, i could see which video each respondents watched. May be there is still something I could salvage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Eke_40seven Hmm. It's possible that it did work, I suppose. I'd rather that the case is I was wrong than that your survey isn't usable!

Can you send me a screenshot of the Data and Analysis bit with the four video questions visible? Again, I don't need to see the data, just how it's structured.
> @jpardicusick said:
> @Eke_40seven Hmm. It's possible that it did work, I suppose. I'd rather that the case is I was wrong than that your survey isn't usable!
>
> Can you send me a screenshot of the Data and Analysis bit with the four video questions visible? Again, I don't need to see the data, just how it's structured.

Hi @jpardicusick Here is it. You could see that it is indicated that the respondent only watched the second video (I exported a PDF so you can see the 4 clearly.!
!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Eke_40seven I apologize, but it's really hard for me to see what's going on, even with the screenshots.

Because it's within the normal functionality, I would recommend contacting support because they'll be able to get into the survey (with your permission) and see exactly what is going on. They're really super helpful and you'll have a great interaction with them.

Hello, I have the same problem. I can see in Qualtrics what video the participants watched, however, when I download the data it is not available in my data set. Did someone find out how to solve this problem? Thank you so much!

Leave a Reply