Importing answers into new survey and respecting adjusted embedded data | XM Community
Skip to main content

Folks,
I'm in the process of adjusting some algorithms within a version of survey. I have the answers exported from survey1, made an adjustment to an embedded data calculation in survey2, and want to import the answers from survey1 while also having the new embedded data calculation from survey2 be reflected in the data for survey2.
Example survey1 embedded data calculation:
embeddedDataOne = $e{${e://Field/embeddedDataOne}+7}
Example survey2 embedded data calculation:
embeddedDataOne = $e{${e://Field/embeddedDataOne}+42}
After importing the answers from survey1 where embeddedDataOne = 7, I expect to see embeddedDataOne = 42.
Is there a way to import answers and also have the data "respect" the new embedded data calculations?

Hi tnomi - I wanted to hop in here and say that when importing responses, these responses will not go through the Survey Flow, and will therefore not go through the same Survey Flow calculations to set the Embedded Data. One alternative you could use is the option to create Custom Fields in the Data & Analysis section! If you have any follow up questions, you'll want to reach out to our wonderful Support team, as they are best equipped to help!

Leave a Reply