Is it possible to capture Randomisation order of items/statements in matrix question? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to capture Randomisation order of items/statements in matrix question?

• 8 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +28
  • QPN Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 257 replies

As the question states
I want to capture the randomization order of statements within matrix question of every respondent.
image.png

icon

Best answer by SaurabhPujare_Ugam 9 September 2020, 09:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Appzk ,
Qualtrics do capture the sequence of randomization order, you have to tick following option while exporting the data:
image.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

Thanks SaurabhPujare_Ugam ,
My actual requirement is

1. Visualize this questions by sequence and number of responses eg. statements are randomized, we would like to know which sequence gets the most responses

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Appzk ,
I believe, this feature currently not available in Qualtrics out of the box. I think you can take care of this in data processing stage by creating additional embedded variables (However number of variables in survey would increase significantly and would be time consuming)

Badge +1

I have successfully automated tracking the order of randomized questions without creating many different embedded variables. Add the code below to the javascript of every question you want to track, and enable showing question numbers in the survey. This will create an EmbeddedData called "QuestionOrder" that creates a list of the questions shown as they are displayed.
qid = jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .ExportTag").text();
qid = qid.substring(0, qid.length-1);
cur_value = "${e://Field/QuestionOrder}";
question_order = cur_value != "" ? cur_value.trim().split(",") : [] ;
if(!question_order.includes(qid)){
  question_order.push(qid);
}
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData("QuestionOrder", question_order.join(","));

Leave a Reply