Is it possible to display info from a contact list for users to verify based on drop down selection? | XM Community
Question

Is it possible to display info from a contact list for users to verify based on drop down selection?

• 22 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a list of schools names with addresses, contact names, and phone numbers.
I'd like to know if it's possible for users to select their school name from a drop down list and then be shown the address/contact/phone number that matches. From there, they would verify the info is correct or input the correct/new information.
In other words, I only want users to have to input address/contact information if what we already have on file is not correct.
If this is possible, can someone point me to the relevant tutorial/help page?
I was just really getting into Qualtrics about two years ago and then left the position I had and haven't touched in since then. Now I'm back in a position where Qualtrics is a regular part of my job. The basics are coming back to me rather quickly but this sort of project flow isn't something I've ever wanted to try to do. It would really help us not to have to match up the address/info we already have on file with what the users input on the back end when we export the responses to Excel.
Thanks so much! Hope someone can help.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can use a Drill Down Question to display the info as you mention. Read up the support pages to see how to set it up.
In the same page have a question which asks them if the info is correct.
If it is not, you can either have a question on the same page to show-up using in-page display logic, which prompts them to enter the correct values. Or if you'd like the text boxes to be pre-populated, you can have the correction question on next page, and use default choices to have the text boxes contain the text from the selected entries.
The yes/no question can be used as a filter when you export your data, so you'll know what data needs to be updated.

Thank you, Ahmed. I will check out those support pages. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Leave a Reply