Is there a way to include an option to end the survey if the resp. no longer wants to continue? | XM Community
Skip to main content

We are preparing to launch a survey where our Teleservices Reps will be calling customers and walking them through an online survey to collect their responses. I am wondering if there is a way for the Reps to end the survey if a participant no longer wishes to continue at any point. Some questions have a forced response assigned to them because of skip logic, so I am hesitant to instruct our Reps to just click through until they get to the end of the survey because they will likely have to answer a forced response question to continue.

In the Survey Options tab (where you edit your survey), under the Survey Experience section, I have de-selected the save and continue option. My rationale here is that the Rep can simply close out of the browser if a customer does not wish to continue. This way, when the Rep clicks on the survey link to start a new survey with a new respondent, it will not bring up the unfinished survey from the previous respondent. I have also indicated that I would like to record responses 4 hours after the survey is inactive.

Is this a good option to end a survey at any point, while still collecting partial responses? If not, what would you suggest?

Thank you!!

You approach is the easiest as long not having save and continue enabled and a 4 hour timeout work for your situation.
If your customers have a unique customer id, you could use a contact list and Authenticator to enable the equivalent of save and continue.

Thank you, I appreciate your advice!

Leave a Reply