Is there any way to add additional columns to a matrix table with a Likert Drop Down List? | XM Community
Skip to main content
I'd like to add additional columns to a matrix table I created. However, that does not appear to be an option with the Drop Down List Matrix table. Does anyone know whether this is possible with javascript or has this been done before? Thanks for any assistance!

!
Try using the 'Scale Points' option in the Matrix question configuration menu to add extra columns to the matrix.
!
Thank you! Unfortunately I'm not able to use Scale Points to add columns for the Drop Down Matrix table (only the radio button, check boxes, and text entry). Scale Points adds additional selections for the single drop down column, but I haven't figured out a way to add additional columns with the drop down list.

!
> @tomdavidson said:

> Thank you! Unfortunately I'm not able to use Scale Points to add columns for the Drop Down Matrix table (only the radio button, check boxes, and text entry). Scale Points adds additional selections for the single drop down column, but I haven't figured out a way to add additional columns with the drop down list.

> !

>

In a drop-down matrix the drop-down options are the scale points.

If you want multiple drop-downs per row, you can use a side-by-side question instead.
Thank you Tom - Side by side is exactly what I needed! I really appreciate the help (I'm new to Qualtrics so it's much appreciated).
!

This is a great accepted answer. For added information, after you select "side by side" you need to select "Column Options" to change the field to a drop-down list (see screenshot)

Leave a Reply