Looping through one block with loop and merge | XM Community
Solved

Looping through one block with loop and merge

• 1 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello!
I have a two block survey:
Block 1: a set of standard questions
Block 2: question 1: a drop down list of various types of events, and the rest of the questions in the block are standard.
The survey then takes various scores (some from block 1 and some from block 2) to produce a final score. The answers to the questions in block 1 are always the same (aka the user only needs to fill out this block ONCE) whereas the answers to block 2, will depend on the event (in question 1) they choose to fill out. (scoring is the same for all questions regardless of event).
Right now the end message is the results of the survey and is as follows
Chosen event: score 1, score 2
What I would like to happen is for the user to fill out block 1, and then block 2 (picking an event) and being able to see the results, and then be directed back to block 2, select a different event and answer the questions and then be able to see the results with that new event added. Where the results would be additive and look like this:
Chosen event : score 1, score 2
Chosen event 2: score 1, score 2

The user can keep doing this until they have selected all of the events

icon

Best answer by ChristianB 22 July 2020, 17:42

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hi ShiraW!
I think a good potential option here would be to use a Survey Redirect Link to send your respondents back to the beginning of the survey, so that they can try out the other options. When used in conjunction with Query Strings, you may be able to pass information from the first survey session to the next ones.
If you still have questions after reviewing the linked support pages, you'll want to reach out to the Support team, as they are best equipped to help answer questions and provide support! 😁

Leave a Reply