Panel Recruitment and Contact Frequency | XM Community
Question

Panel Recruitment and Contact Frequency

• 4 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello -

I am beginning to program a process for double confirmation panel recruitment. The ideal flow would be Offer to join panel during web visit > if yes, provide email address > survey invite sent to email to confirm willingness to join panel > thank you email (email trigger) sent at completion of confirmation survey.

I also have contact frequency rules o set to 180 days. I think my multiple emails are in conflict with contact frequency rules. Has anyone ever had to work around this, and if so, how did you do it?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Do you have the new DirectoryIQ? You should be able to edit your contact frequency so that if someone is sent the confirmation survey, the contact frequency rules are ignored.

Contacts>Directory Settings> Create Custom Rule>Survey

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Kate - I do have DirectoryiQ. The issue I have found, at least I think that I found, is that I can't initially use the custom rules for a survey that uses an email trigger to the initial survey. When I tested it using my email, I never received the email trigger, even though I added myself to a contact list with custom rules that overrode my enterprise contact frequency rules.

My theory is that I am added to the contact list after or at the same time as the email trigger is being sent. So when it check the contact frequency logic, it suppresses the email trigger send.

To get around this, I am adding everyone to a mailing list and will send out the second email invite manually, instead of immediately after the first survey (which would have been ideal).
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Ah, I think I misunderstood- you said the initial was on a website so I assumed this had no email associated with it until someone opted in.

Do you have a ton of other surveys running at the same time via integrations and triggers? Perhaps if this is only a limited-run event, turning off automatic deduplication might help you trick the system into sending it to "new" emails.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Kate - Sorry to be confusing. It is a website survey, but from an authenticated source and we use Site Intercept to pass over embedded data that we use to immediately join to customer attribute data (like their email address) stored in DirectoryiQ.

I thought about turning off the the contact frequency rules, and given the I am the one choke point for a lot of the surveys, I could probably do this with little risk for this use case. My concern is around if I ever want to expand this process. I'd need to structure in a sustainable and (preferably) automated way so that I am not continuously adding to my work duties - (side note: no one around really understands what I do and the effort in doing it, so adding duties would be a disservice to myself).
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
What if for just this intercept you turned off the embedded data pass? Obviously it's super helpful for everything else, but perhaps create a new zone for just this intercept and use case? You might lose some information in your analytics platform but it may be worth it for the automation. It sounds like distributing a separate survey isn't a "sustainable" method.

If you must set up a process whereby you hand-schedule those emails in a week or two perhaps you can at least set up some embedded data keys to make the creation of samples and distributions easier going forward.

These are all probably things you thought of 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +24

@Akdashboard , 

Were you satisfied with the answer that was provided you on this? It’s been a few years, so you may have found a workaround already. If so, you can mark the answer as accepted, and close the question. If not, and you need more information, let me know. 

Leave a Reply