Pass embedded data with assigned value to contact list | XM Community
Skip to main content
I would like to pass embedded data that has been assigned a text value to a contact list via contact trigger. This contact list will be used for a number of projects so I want to be able to track which project the contact came from.

In the Survey Flow I have placed the embedded data element to the top of the survey with the field name entered (project) and no value assigned.

After the block containing all the survey questions, I have created a Branching logic (where if permission if provided) followed by the embedded data field (project) with a static value (project name).

In the Contact Trigger, I have created a contact list and mapped all the relevant contact information and the embedded data field ‘project’ = ‘Embedded Data’ ‘projectname’

I was fairly certain I followed the instructions on how to setup embedded data for contact triggers correctly but when testing, all the mapped contact information appear in the contact list but not the embedded data that I’ve assigned in the survey flow...am I missing something here?

!

!
Hi @EMack,

Just replace the value of March with embedded name i.e. Project

!
I should have noticed that... I need more sleep 😞 I've made the change and it works, thank you @PraDeepKotian_Ugam!

Leave a Reply